Tuesday, March 1, 2011


This is the squirrel who claims the backyard.
I had put some nuts in both the backyard and on the front porch.
As I posted earlier, the squirrel from the spruce in the front yard
has not problem coming up on the porch for nuts. However the
nuts I put on the chair by the bird bath stayed there until snow
and wind knocked them down. Saturday I put out sunflower
seeds and bread crusts I intended for the magpies. He worked on
them for hours but ignored the last Brazil nut on the chair.




``Till winter loosening these
With a first flurry and bluster,
Shall scatter across the snow-crust
Their dropped parentheses.``

                               Asides
                                                       Richard Wilbur


                  I tried a little experiment the next day I moved the
nuts closer to the bird feeder and they disappeared.
I now suspect he is afraid to get to far from the trees
because two small yappy dogs periodically race
from the house barking and chase him along the fence.



No comments: