Monday, May 6, 2013

" The wind is gusting, the dog runs full speed
towards nothing but happiness...,"

             From Waiting to Wave
                    Jonathan Carroll

Yes another seawall post. One thing Helen and I love is to
watch dogs. We did it when we visited New York City and
we always do it in Vancouver. Both cities figured prominently
in the documentary Dog Dazed about our love affair with dogs
in the city and the consequences of irresponsible owners who let
dogs  run off leash and chase wildlife and poop everywhere.
As much as I love dogs I do control my dogs and cleanup after them
and I am baffled that other people don't. However many of the things
people do baffle me which is why I often prefer animals and being at
the cabin.
So this entire post will go to the  DOGS!!!!!!




“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” 

Groucho Marx



The difference is subtle but these are
different dogs one a bit younger. You will
also notice I rarely photograph people
hence the array of knees and ankles.



“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die
I want to go where they went.” 

Will Rogers




“All his life he tried to be a good person.
Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human.
He wasn't a dog.” 
                
                                                    Charles M Schulz




I will also admit that while I like most dogs I do enjoy
little foo-foo dogs.


“If you don't own a dog, at least one,
there is not necessarily anything wrong with you,
but there may be something wrong with your life.” 

                                                 Roger Caras


“My little dogs ... heartbeats at my feet.” 

                          Edith Wharton







"I have a dog of Blenheim birth,
With fine long ears and full of mirth;
And sometimes, running o'er the plain,
He tumbles on his nose:
But quickly jumping up again,
Like lightning on he goes! "

John Rusking


And still missing our sweet girl Wendolene I am always
a sucker for Poms.


"Pray steal me not, I'm Mrs. Dingley's,
Whose heart in this four-footed thing lies."


Jonathan Swift (a lapdog's collar inscription)






So as we can see there are many dogs off

leash and chasing things.


We are Shaun and Whateley and we endorsed this message.

 

What was it again?

5 comments:

kerrdelune said...

Guy, I love each and every pooch here -sorry you are still missing your sweet "pom". We are still missing our Cassie, but her little brother Spencer does his best to sing her songs and handle her tasks.

WildBill said...

Even though we live in the country and have a lot of land we watch our dogs carefully to be sure they are in tune with our surroundings. Some nice canine images here!

Guy said...

Hi Cate

Thanks they are each beautiful in their own way that is the wonder of dogs.

Guy

Guy said...

Hi Bill

I must admit I have always enjoyed hearing about Cooper and Adia. I think one of your posts about them was the first thing I read on your blog.

Regards
Guy

Kathie Brown said...

What? no real collies in this post? (I did see the border collie.)I love collies. I also love the photo of the Cavalier King Charles spaniel. I so agree with you about people needing to keep their dogs on leash. Every person who lets their dog off leash thinks their dog is totally under control. We happen to own a foo-foo dog named Blossom. She has been attacked numerous times by larger dogs whose owners insisted their dog would never hurt her. A big Weimaranar that escaped from its owners almost killed her back in 2009. Thankfully Gus was able to fight the dog off and Blossom survived. her back was broken and her little tail stopped curling but eventually it sprang back up! I hope the little yellow pom in the photo was okay after that black one was snapping at it!