Tuesday, October 27, 2015

"I was so busy rushing headlong into the future, loving libraries and
books and authors with all my heart and soul, was so consumed
with becoming myself that I simply didn't notice that I was short,
homely and untalented."

     From the introduction to Bradbury Stories ( William Morrow publ.)
                             by Ray Bradbury
                         


Since retiring in May this is the first time I have the luxury of  
sitting down at home and fiddling with my books. It seems to 
be a time to read, think and look, both forward and backward.
My books; mirrors to the reflections, loves, lives of so many 
others, both real and imagined, help as well.

"We live forward, but understand backwards'

                       from Reading Dante: From Here to Eternity
by Prue Shaw


2 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Guy, I am frequently finding myself in this same contemplative place! I wish you well!

Guy said...

Hi Kathie

I guess that comes with the territory.

All the best.
Guy