Monday, July 4, 2016

Storm


"Swerve me? The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, 
whereon my soul is grooved to run. Over unsounded gorges, through 
the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents' beds, unerringly I rush!
 Naught's an obstacle, naught's an angle to the iron way!"

Ahab; Moby Dick 

Last night we had a tremendous storm come thru in the late evening. 
The dark clouds boiled up the lane faster than any I had seen before,
 and then engulfed the slough in front of the cabin. I understand the 
front ranged all the way to Saskatoon which is about 90 kilometres
 away. While it raged we had a couple of very nervous dogs and 
Whateley who had a snack. Both my brother-in-law and my 
mother-in-law up the road lost power but thanks to my wife's
solar panel/battery array we kept our lights on and our cabin
cheery, after it was gone we had received an inch or rain. 







"The drama's done. Why then here does any one step forth? — 
Because one did survive the wreck."

Ishmael

No comments: